Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Went for a quick walk through the garden this morning. Seems that the Black Beauty Zucchini and the Squash plants are much, much larger than any other squash I have planted before. Next year, I need to give them much more space.

Peppers also need to be started indoors much earlier, they are not a big as they should be and still no flowers. Hopefully soon.

As I have posted on both GardenWeb and SeedSavers forums, I need to think about a different way of gardening. I have too much grass growing up through everything and it is starting to take over many of the beds. Lasagna type of layering with a no-till option may be the way to go. Need to do some more research.

The Sultan beans have hundreds of beautiful flowers and the vines are well over 6' now. Should not be too much longer until we have some beans. Since these are heirloom and not offered much, I may try to save some seeds for next year if they are good.

No comments: