Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rainy Day

Trying to quit smoking for the 100th time this year. Jen is still a little sick and it is raining out so just had a frustrating morning. Ended up in the garage with both Jack and Charlotte starting to refinish a coffee table so Jen can have it double as a sand tray for her work.

Sometimes it is amazing to me, just losing focus on the crap of the day while doing something you enjoy with your kids can fill up your cup. Jack and I sanded with 6o grit to remove all the old finish. Sort of detailed work because the legs are all turned but it ended up being fun

Charlotte is not as into things like that, her patience is not too long. She joined us for a few minutes then went off to play with the bikes, then back to us, then with the dogs, then back t0 us, then with the cat......she is so Jen.



As for the garden, the first tomato is getting bigger everyday but it is split in the bottom. I am waiting to see if it heals itself or if I need to take it off. I hope it will be fine. Other than that, I have 6 little Black Cherry tomatoes and all the other plants now have flowers.




The Sultan Peas are just starting to come out and I have about 100 cucumber flowers with 3 or 4 really small cucumbers. I have picked about 5 or 6 zucchini and one yellow squash




I am starting to look into a pickle recipe and I am thinking about blueberry picking every day now....blueberries are in season and I cannot wait for the kids to turn blue....

No comments: