Sunday, September 18, 2011

After too long....

Well.....it has been a terribly long time since my last post. With my wife (Jen) posting on her blog, it has motivated me to at least apologize to the blogging world that I have gone away. Hopefully this will be longer term.

First, Bodhin. My third child, nothing but smiles. He is energetic, joyful and makes me smile each and every day. People have all warned me about having a third; the stress, non-stop horror that it can become. To those people.....breath.


Second....the garden.....a miserable disaster this year. Tomatoes: the squirrels are well fed. The blackberries? The deer. The Cherries....the birds and deer. Salad went to seed too early, weeds overtook the peppers. Cucumbers....very few straight, 50 lbs of pickling. More on this as I start to blog more. I overstepped my bounds with the confidence of god.....guess I was dyslexic because I now feel a little like a beaten dog.

Vegan Rice Pudding

  • 1 cup Long Grain Rice
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 2.5 cups Rice Milk
  • 2.5 cups Almond Milk
  • pinch of Nutmeg
  • 1 Vanilla Bean - scraped
  • 1 Cinnamon Stick
  • 1/2 cup Raisins (Optional)
Combine all ingredients into one pot. Slowly simmer the pot for 45 minutes. DO NOT BOIL. Once it has thickened sufficiently, remove from heat, remove Vanilla Bran and Cinnamon Stick and stir in raisins. Serve Warm.

Food Harvested:

5 lbs. Zuc,

Things Planted:

Nothing

Seeds Saved:
Castor Bean

Preserved/Cooked:
Chicken Soup
Vegan Rice Pudding


Things to Remember:
Breath

No comments: